Greece is now more attractive to digital nomads and remote workers who wish to live and work legally in Greece. The Digital Nomad Visa allows these individuals the ability not only pursue their career, but also experience life on a Greek city or island while doing so!.
Remote workers who travel encounter ambiguous situations when working while they are visiting countries as tourists because of the difficulty in obtaining work visas. Digital nomads and remote workers have long faced ambiguity when it comes to figuring out how their digital devices can be used for business purposes even though they do not actually sit at an office desk on a regular basis.
But as of XXX, eligible workers in a location-independent job can apply for the chance to come live and work Greece up to one year with peace of mind that they legally allowed.
Sign up for the newsletter to receive updates and more information on the Digital Nomad Visa. Once signed up, we will contact with you to help you in any way we can!
Have some questions about the Digital Nomad Visa?
Who is eligible to apply?
You can apply for the digital nomad visa if you meet the following requirements
- You can work independently from wherever you are without needing to be in a specific location.
- You can perform your work duties from anywhere with an internet connection.
- You either have an active employment contract with a company registered outside of Greece, conduct business through your own company registered abroad, or work as a freelancer for clients mostly outside of Greece.
- You can provide evidence that your income met the minimum threshold during the six months preceding the application. Currently, the monthly income threshold is €3500 (gross of tax).
How to apply
- Review the eligibility requirements.
- Fill in the application form online. Print the form and sign it after completion. The state fee is 75€.
- Make an appointment at your nearest Greek Embassy or Consulate to submit your application. Make sure you bring copies of any required supporting documents.
- Applications are reviewed within 10 days
If you are already legally in Greece and would like to extend your stay, you can also apply for this visa at the Hellenic Ministry of Migration and Asylum. If you choose to apply in Greece, make sure you have enough time for the application processing period.